Sitting at one of my favourite local cafe, not only hearing but listening. Not only looking but observing as several families, friends and couples walk in and out for food or coffee, I noticed that, men hardly ever put in effort to GROOM UP! While the ladies are all dressed up so prettily, the men seems pretty comfortable kicking up a pair of unfitted blue bootcut jeans, untucked button ups with a pair of flip flops. I guess that pretty much paints the picture of how annoying and unattractive it looks. I know to some people, they may not care much on fashion (as most men do not) which is totally fine. But come on, if you are going out for a date, if she makes the effort, make the effort! It takes hours for a lady to get ready and look good for you, how hard and how much time would it take for a men to get ready? Less than 15 minutes! I'm not saying to kick up on a pair of suit every time you go out, but just know some general grooming and I guarantee you, that would make your date more than happy because you have put in some effort to look good for them too.
Anyway, this isn't a tutorial but this is rather some quick fashion tips that all men would be able to benefit in their everyday lives.
Here are our Top 10 Quick Fashion tips:
1. Fit is King – The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to make sure everything fits impeccably. Most guys wear clothes that are too large. Make sure everything you wear is almost hugging the shape of your body – without being tight. Bad fit is an epidemic.
2. Keep it simple – You want a wardrobe that looks great on you, but don’t overdo it. Don’t wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don’t dress like a rock star unless you’re in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a dressy belt, and your sharpest dress shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.
4. Never go shopping alone – Most of the time, it’s tough to trust the sales people because they usually work for commission. Shop with a friend who will give you their honest opinion.
5. Stay a notch above – Don’t overdo it to a fault, but dare to take some risks. It’s always better to be a little bit overdressed than underdressed in any setting. All you have to do is think about where and who you’re going to be with and just step it up one notch. But make sure you’re not better dressed than someone who is more important in a certain setting, like your boss.
6. Never underestimate the power of details – The last thing on is usually the first thing noticed. So mind the details instead of throwing together the main parts of your outfit. “Details” can include a scarf, a subtle pocket square, or the way you tie your tie knot.
7. Invest in a superb pair of shoes – If it’s one thing that women will notice, it’s your shoes. Especially how clean and sharp they look. It’s easy to wash and press the rest of your clothes to keep them looking new, but most guys disregard their shoes. Show that you’re a man of taste by getting a great pair of shoes and keeping them in pristine condition.
8. Continually cultivate your image – Invest more time and money into your image. Cultivate your fashion sense. Your style is a huge mode of communication, and is worth caring for as much as your education, career, and relationships.
9. Ask for real feedback – Most of your friends and family aren’t going to go out of their way to tell you what looks bad. You have to ask for it. In fact, ask anyone and everyone you trust to tell you the truth. Ask your hairstylist, ask your best friend, ask your mother!
10. Experiment with style – The only way you’ll really learn, is if you go out there and try new things. I make an effort to try something completely out of my comfort zone whenever I’m at a store – many times you’ll end up loving something you never thought you would. If you make mistakes, life goes on. So many guys are afraid to express themselves through their style, don’t be one of them. Check out our article on how to put an outfit together.
Conclusion, make the effort guys! It doesn't take you hours to get ready like the ladies do!
- See more at: http://tiptopbandit.com
Have a great day! :)