Makeup is fun, interesting and very versatile. People wear makeup for multiple reasons including enhancing their features, covering up flaws, or simply just to complement a costume. Regardless of your intention with makeup, here are a few basics for makeup beginners:
1. Powder and foundation: The best canvas is, of course, a clean canvas so having a good skincare ritual is also very important. Always start with a clean face, and make sure to put on your moisturizer before starting on powder and foundation. Powder and foundation will act as a base and it will help even your skin tone. You have multiple types of foundation and powder to choose from, liquid foundation, cushion foundation, loose powder, and compact powder to name a few. Don't forget to apply some on your neck as well!
2. Concealer: There are times when powder and foundation may not be able to fully cover the spots and breakouts on your skin and thus come concealers which are essential to cover up imperfections such as blemishes, scars or dark circle. It can really make a difference to your look and make your skin look dewy and clean.
3. Blush: After putting on your foundation, powder, and concealer it is only fair that you put in a little bit of blush to avoid looking too pale. It brings colour to your cheeks and saves you from questions like, "Are you okay? You look tired." Not to mention it will make you look fresh and lively.
4. Eyebrow pencil and Mascara: Now moving on to the window to your soul which is your eyes. Not everyone is blessed with a full brow like Cara Delevingne, and thus you have to fill them in with either an eyebrow pencil or an eyebrow kit. Keep in mind that the shade of your eyebrow pencil must match your luscious locks unless you're edgy and you wouldn't mind taking a risk then, by all means, go for it! Mascara will help open up your eyes, and you will look bold and ready to seize the day.
5. Lipsticks: Last but not least, are lipsticks. Never listen to anyone who told you that you have too many lipsticks, because the truth is, you can never have too many lipsticks. Lipstick ties your look together and it can help you to make a statement to your outfit or mood. Feeling bold and daring, wear darker lipsticks! Feeling mellow and chill, wear nudes! A night out? Wear red! Lipstick should be one of makeup's first aid kits, plus it's really fun to experiment your looks with!