Hi! If you are reading this then you are one step closer in being part of TipTop Bandit family in the sales sector!
Sales executives sell their company’s goods and services. Customers may include businesses, governmental organisations and individuals, both in the Malaysia and abroad.
Sales executives approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business, as well as maintaining good relationships with clients.
Sales Managers and Sales Executives working in the fashion industry are responsible for a number of wholesale / branded retail customers. Sales Executives and Sales Managers will maintain the business, continue to grow the business and maintain relationships with them. Sales Executives and Sales Managers will be meeting with retail clients on a regular basis, managing wholesale meetings with new and existing clients for the fashion company.
Sales Managers and Sales Executives duties will include: ensuring deliveries are on time and inventories are correct for each retail client, ensuring wholesale client's payments are up-to- date (credit control) as well as covering all sales order administration, invoicing and crediting for wholesale clients. Sales Managers and Sales Executives working within the fashion industry can also include processing orders and re-orders, whilst continually updating stock levels, dealing with any queries, logistical problems, distribution management and continually visiting retail stores to give product/brand training to sales staff.
Typical work activities
Typical work activities depend on the market and the setting. A basic distinction can be made between two types of sales: business to business (B2B) and business to customer or consumer (B2C).
B2B sales involve selling products or services from one business to another. This is a typical avenue for graduates. For example, a sales executive in a company that manufactures fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), e.g. soft drinks, will sell to the retailer and may be involved in making a strong argument so the products get shelf space. Activities important for success include:
• relationship building;
• researching the market and related products;
• presenting the product or service in a structured professional way face to face.
B2C sales involve direct selling to the consumer or end user. Examples include selling credit cards via the telephone or selling new cars in a showroom.
Typical activities for sales executives generally include:
• listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
• maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
• cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
• responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
• acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
• negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
• gathering market and customer information;
• representing their company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
• negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers;
• challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
• advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
• creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
• liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders;
• checking the quantities of goods on display and in stock;
• recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system;
• reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
• gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
• making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
• feeding future buying trends back to employers;
• attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
• liaising with marketing & branding team
If you are serious in pursuing a career in the sales team at TipTop Bandit send us your resume now to email@example.com with the header "SALES JOB RESUME"