Hi! If you are reading this then you are one step closer in being part of TipTop Bandit family in the Marketing & Branding sector!
The main purpose of any marketing position is to formulate plans to develop customers’ interest in a product or a service. Marketing & Branding executives have a huge role to play in planning and executing these plans. They are expected to determine market trends and to devise and implement plans to meet the needs of the target market.
You will find marketing executives in both private and public sectors which may include financial organizations and retail ones. Marketing executives are required to hold a degree in business in order to be able to qualify for this position. There are many different activities that a marketing executive is expected to be a part of such as advertising, strategic planning, promotion, public relations and distribution. With a keen understanding of all these aspects, marketing executives perform research activities that help them understand their target markets and work to meet those needs in an effective manner.
The role of a marketing executive is quite challenging as the responsibilities vary from project to project. People working at this position need to be focused on what they are trying to achieve. To be able to understand this role in a more profound manner, refer to the list of job duties that a marketing executive is expected to perform.
This role also requires you to work closely with our designers & sales team in order to have more productivity and efficiency in providing the best product to the market.
Marketing Executive Job Description
• Identify target markets and analyze current market trends
• Research customers’ needs and wants as well as competition information
• Devise and implement strategic plans to meet customers’ demands
• Manage promotional activities to endorse products
• Monitor progress of promotional activities and record findings
• Liaise with media srakeholders to ensure appropriate coverage
• Develop effective marketing communication programs
• Write copy for marketing material such as brochures and websites
• Monitor marketing campaigns to ensure appropriate execution
• Manage marketing budgets and ensure that all marketing activities are managed within budgets
• Ensure effective distribution of marketing materials
• Secure sponsorships through appropriate soliciting activities
• Monitor competitive activity and evaluate marketing campaigns
• Maintain liaison with suppliers, printers and designers
• Write and distribute press releases
• Manage photo shoots and update mailing databases
• Carry out customer surveys to understand demand and manage brand positioning
• Network with individuals and businesses to generate and identify business opportunities
• Manage social media forums to generate interest and monitor activity
• Manage periodic analysis of marketing efforts and campaigns
What is a Brand Manager?
When you hear a brand’s name, what thoughts come to mind? If they are positive, inspiring and make you want to run out to buy the brand’s newest product, then a brand manager somewhere is doing his or her job.
Brand managers are responsible for ensuring that the products, services and product lines that fall under their domain resonate with current and potential customers. To do so, these professionals continuously monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products in the marketplace. They also regularly meet with clients and senior management, and they oversee a team of junior marketers.
Working under marketing managers or CMOs, brand managers serve as the point-person for developing, implementing and executing marketing initiatives and activities for their particular brand. These initiatives and activities include campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs and sponsorships.
Brand Managers are responsible for more than executing marketing campaigns; they are also in charge of managing and developing P&L and driving market growth. Strong analytical skills, business savvy and the ability to multitask are all essential.
The Brand Manager’s skill set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Comfort with CRM software
- In-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts
- A willingness to listen
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Brand Ambassador
• Promotes brand names, products and services.
• Represents the company in a positive way.
• Builds line sales volumes.
• Interacts with customers and sales prospects.
• Works with other team members.
• Works with business partners.
• Communicates with the media.
• Performs other marketing duties relevant to promoting the brand.
• Generates public interest in the brand.
• Provides complete information about the brand.
• Asks prospective customers questions about food and skin allergies before introducing the product for consumption or application to the skin.
• Answers questions about the brand.
• Assists managers with the implementation of marketing campaigns.
• Provides information to the company on sales opportunities in a particular community.
• Demonstrates how a product works.
• Gives out free samples of the product to the public.
• Models clothing for apparel brands.
• Meets department and event sales goals.
• Shares ideas with supervisors regarding new ways to market the brand.
• Establishes regular customers.
• Maintains a customer database and makes regular contacts.
• Trains newly hired ambassadors.
• Sets up and breaks down displays of the brand.
• Keeps selling environment neat and clean, particularly when working with food products.
• Tracks and restocks inventory.
• Attends sales and marketing meetings.
• Provides customer feedback regarding the brand to sales managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be well-groomed.
• Must have a license to serve alcohol where applicable.
• Must be outgoing, energetic and able to work with the public.
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must have leadership skills.
• Retail sales experience is necessary.
• Must be able to read and comprehend sales reports.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have the ability to work well with others to accomplish team goals.
• Possess good organizational skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
• Job training program specific to the brand.
• Must be willing to travel to conventions and trade shows.
• Must be willing to handle promotions at nightclubs and bars.
• Must be willing to work at public venues and major events where there a large crowds of people.
• Must be willing to work in public places that serve many customers such as grocery stores and shopping malls.
• Must be able and willing to lift heavy merchandise.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which can include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to appear in pictures in magazines, newspapers and on television programs promoting the brand.
If you are serious in pursuing a career in the Marketing & Branding team at TipTop Bandit send us your resume now to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Marketing JOB RESUME"